Friday, September 28, 2012

Halloween Mini Album

Happy Friday y'all! Hope everyone is ready for the weekend, I know I am! To kick off my weekend, I've decided to update my blog a little and add this Halloween project I completed this week. This was the first chipboard mini album I have ever completed, and I think it turned out really well (if I do say so myself!). I think what I like best about it is the papers...the paper is from an 8.5x11 stack called Trick or Treat by The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby). The paper patterns are so bright & fun, and they coordinate beautifully! I started with a blank chipboard mini from Michael's from the $1.50 bin and after working some crafty magic, here's the finished product:


Above is the cover. The Happy Halloween title was cut using the Cricut Lite cartridge Celebrate With Flourish (and I cannot remember what size I cut it at...sorry!). I handmade the rosettes using my MS Score Board. I inked the edges of each with black ink and added black bling and a pumpkin brad as the centers. The green chipboard flourishes came from Joann's dollar bin. They are glittered, but that didn't really show up well in the pic. On the binder ring I tied a variety of Halloween colored ribbons. And when you open the book up:


Pages 2 and 3 have mats for photos and have been embellished with dimensional stickers, purple bling, and some ribbon. Turn the page:


Pages 4 and 5 also have photo mats, decorative candy embellishments, chipboard components, and orange bling. Next pages:


Page 6 has mats for 2 wallet size photos. Page 7 may just be my favorite! I used Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More to cut 2 tag pockets and filled each pocket with 3 assorted tags also from TBBM (again, I can't remember the sizes...I should start writing this stuff down!). I stamped 2 of the tags to journal on, and the remaining 4 tags can be used for additional photo mats, more journaling, mounting keepsakes to, or any other thing you can think of! The left pocket has rhinestone spider and his web (very sparkly in person!) and I added the cutest little googly eye owl embellishment to the right pocket. And the back cover:

I love this pumpkin paper! I just so happen to have one pumpkin dimensional sticker left, so I added it to the back with some orange bling on each side.

Now all that's left to do is take lots of pictures of my daughter (aka Tinkerbell!) at Halloween and fill this album full of memories!

I'm entering this project in Hiding In My Craft Room's challenge #64 - Halloween!. Have a great weekend!

~Melissa~


No comments:

Post a Comment