Wednesday, September 26, 2012

VBS Follow Up Cards

After another long break from blogging, I'm back! I've still been crafting, but have not had time to post any of the projects I've made until now. Busy, busy, busy!

Our church had Vacation Bible School over the summer and our theme was Amazing Wonders Aviation. We had 6 fun filled nights learning about God's amazing power. All the kids had a blast! There were lots of kids that participated in our VBS that did not regularly attend church, so I was asked to make 80 follow up cards that went with our theme to invite the children and their families back to our church. I kept it pretty simple since I had to make so many. Here's what I came up with:


I used the Cricut Lite cartridge B is For Boy to cut the airplane. Each plane was cut at 3.25 inches, in assorted colors (all with a blue base though), and the coordinating layers were added.  I purchased two boxes of assorted color card bases with envelopes from Hobby Lobby for this project....that saved a ton of time since I didn't have to cut cards/envelopes with the Cricut! I used my paper trimmer to cut 12x12 pieces of cloud paper into fourths and applied to my card base. Attached the plane on top of that and sketched some doodle lines to make the plane look like it is flying. I used my printer to print out the 80 "Thanks for coming to VBS!" sentiments, and attached one in the bottom corner of each card. The inside of the card had our church meeting times and a space for each VBS teacher to write a note to their student.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. How cute! Great idea for VBS card and our challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea!!! Love your card. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cute card and a fabulous idea! Thanks for entering our challenge this week at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete