Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birthday Card!

I made this quick birthday card for my daughter's friend's birthday. I realized the morning of the party I forgot a card so I had to make one pretty fast. To be so rushed, I think it turned out well! Here's the finished card:



I used a brown card base, and all the rest of the papers were scraps! I love it when I am able to find uses for all those little pieces of paper! I cut the cupcake and its layers using the Birthday Bash cartridge - page 58 <Cupcake> at 3.5 inches. I cut the happy birthday sentiment also on the Birthday Bash cartridge - Page 69 <phrase-s> at 2.25 inches. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss a strip of pink paper with the swiss dots folder and added ribbon for a little extra something. After I attached the striped paper and the embossed strip, I attached the cupcake with some pop dots so it really stands out from the card! I also made a mat for the sentiment and attached that with pop dots. I used stickles to add sparkle to the sprinkles and the sentiment.

I think the birthday girl really liked her handmade card! I hope you all like it too!
~Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment