Monday, October 1, 2012

Thinking of You Card

Here's a simple Thinking of You card that I made for a FB craft group challenge and the Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge #65 Freestyle! And for whatever reason, my photo does not show the whole card (though the actual photo on my computer is fine)...both edges are cut off on this uploaded image! Wierd, huh? My blog is trying to give me a hard time I suppose! lol


I used a white card base and covered it with 2 different patterns of DCWV's paper from The Mini Stack (6x6). I added a strip of white ribbon, then cut 3 flowers from the Flower Shoppe cartridge at 2", 1.5", and 1", inked the edges with dark purple ink and layered my flowers. I added a flatback pearl to the center of the flower and attached it to the card. I placed 3 lavender rhinestones in the corner of the card, and finished with a "Thinking of You" stamped sentiment in green ink. I'm not totally happy with how that turned out...the ink looked a lot darker that it stamped so you really have to look at the card to see the sentiment. I left the inside of the card blank so a personal message could be written.

This card was really simple to put together. It probably only took 20 minutes start to finish!
Have a great crafting day!
~Melissa~

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love your colors! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the flower! Thanks for playing with us at Hiding in my Craft Room! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete