Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day: Hello! Card

This card was made for my secret pal (I hope she doesn't check my blog! lol). The card is 5x7 size. I used a denim color paper by K&Company for the background. I bought a really cool honeycomb embossing folder by Darice that I'd been wanting to try, so I embossed a yellow piece of cardstock that has a white core with the folder. I cut around some of the honeycomb edges so it would be a shaped piece instead of rectangular. After I got it into the shape I liked, I lightly sanded the paper with a nail file. I cut a cute bee from the Create a Critter cartridge at 3.5" and added some Stickles to his wings & rosy ink on his cheeks. I wrapped blue twine around the honeycomb embossed paper and then adhered it to the card base. I used a pop dot on the bee and attached it to the honeycomb paper. I doodled some on the honeycomb to make it appear that the bee was in flight. Lastly, I stamped the Hello sentiment and added a couple of rhinestones to the corners to finish the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment