Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day: Birthday Card

This card was part of a challenge in a Facebook group I'm in to make a card using circles, but make it unique. I thought it would be fun to try to make a pinwheel from the circles and this is the outcome. I love how it looks and it was so easy! I cut my circles using the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge. I cut two circles in the foiled pattern paper at 2.5", a teal cardstock circle at 1.5", and a yellow circle a 2.5". If you don't have a die cutting machine, you can also use paper punches. After I cut all my circles, I cut the patterned paper circles in half and glued the four pieces to the yellow 2.5" circle as shown. Then I took the teal 1.5" circle and glued in the center of the pinwheel piece to cover the patterned paper that was slightly overlapping in the middle. I added a teal rhinestone to the center as a finishing touch. While the glue was drying, I made my card base. I used a coordinating yellow paper for the background to pull out the touches of yellow in my pattern paper. I tied some yellow ribbon around a lollipop stick (found in the baking section of most craft stores) then glued it to my card base. I then added some pop dots to the back of my pinwheel and adhered it to my card, making sure that the top end of the lollipop stick was not showing. Finally, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment