Thursday, December 6, 2012

JOY Christmas Cards

I had a dear friend ask me to make her some simple Christmas cards with snowflakes on them, so here's what I came up with:
These cards give the illusion of a lot of detail work with all those snowflakes in the background (so says my hubby), but they are very easy! I used blue cardstock with white core and embossed it with a snowflake folder in my Cuttlebug. I could have left it like it was, but I decided to raid my hubby's workshop to "borrow" one of his sanding blocks. I like the sanded look so much that he may not get his sanding block back now! Then I tied some pretty silver shimmery ribbon to the front and attached this to a plain white card base (from those jumbo packs at Hobby Lobby...buy them when they have The Paper Studio items half price, and stock up!!!). I cut the J and the Y from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge at 3.5" and the snowflake O is from Create a Critter 2 cut at 3.5". I glued all the letters on and placed a blue jewel in the center of the snowflake for a finishing touch. I stamped the inside with a Pink By Design stamp from the Christmas Wishes set that says, "Wishing you sparkle, Wishing you cheer, For a bright Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year".  My friend liked the sample, so I made her 24 more. :-)

I'm linking this project up on Hiding In My Craft Room's Blue Christmas Challenge and on Exploring Cricut's Christmas Card Challenge.

Another Christmas card project with be posted tomorrow, be sure to stop by and check it out!
~Melissa~

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! The embossed and sanded bg is great. Love the 'Joy'! The snowflake for the 'o' is an awesome idea. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete