Monday, December 3, 2012

Fall Bulletin Board

I'm back! Wow it has been a long month or so! Sickness has went through my house, not once but twice! It seems that since my daughter has started school, she catches everything...and then brings it home to share with mommy and daddy! I have made a few projects since my last post so I will be uploading pics of those projects today and tomorrow. Here's a project I completed a while back and never got around to posting.

I get to decorate a bulletin board at my church for our children's ministry. I needed a fall theme, so I thought an owl perched in a tree would be a cute start. The owl/branch and the leaves were cut from one of my favorite carts - Create a Critter! The owl was cut at 4.25". I gave him googly eyes, which I love! He is so cute! The leaves were cut in various colors ranging in size from 2" up to 3" and arranged as though they are falling from the tree. The smaller tree in the background is from the Bloom Lite cart at 6.5". I cut the letters with the Birthday Bash cartridge at 3", and the Bible was made from the book cut on the My Community cartridge at 5.75". I handwrote the Bible verse on the book and glued a satin ribbon down the middle of the book to make it look more like a Bible. I handmade the clouds, because at the time I didn't have a cartridge that had a cloud cut on it. The sun is a little wooden pre-painted cut that I already had on hand.

Stay tuned for more projects!
~Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment