Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Family Layout

I made this 12x12 "Family" layout for a design contest in a facebook group I'm in. I didn't win the contest, but that's ok! I now have an awesome layout to place a couple of my favorite pics of my family on. My hubby is building me a shadow box for this, so I can add a few more keepsakes in addition to the picturess and hang it on the wall. Here's a photo of the layout:


I'm hoping this picture is clear...my memory card on my digital camera is full so I took this photo with my cell phone. I found some awesome Spare Parts flowers by The Paper Studio on clearance at Hobby Lobby and couldn't pass them up! I loved the color combination, so I looked for some paper to coordinate and found this patterened paper by MME that matched perfectly. I cuta little less than half of the pattern paper and attached it to a solid piece of teal cardstock.  I had a tan scrap of cardstock that I used a Martha Stewart scalloped punch to cut each side to make a border and glued to the cardstock. Then I cut a 3x3 and 4x6 photo mat to put our pics on and arranged the flowers around them. I added some champagne Recollections bling trim to the border piece for a finishing touch. I used the Lacy Labels Lite cartridge to cut the "family" sentiment and label piece. All coordinating layers were cut at 3.5".

I can't wait until my shadowbox is finished! His honey-do list is getting longer these days, but I'll post a photo of the completed box once he makes it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment