Friday, December 16, 2011

"Frosty" Gift Tag!

It is a rainy day in east Tennessee, so that means it's the perfect time to craft! Today I have made a super easy gift tag that I'm entering in Hiding In My Craft Room super scraps challenge! This project was made from scrap papers I had in my paper stash...I always keep the scraps, no matter how small! You never know when you may need them! Here's a photo of the finished project (sorry, the pics turned out a little dark!):
This is what I used to make my tag:
*Cricut Expression with the Winter Frolic cartridge
*Mini Snowflake punch
*Recollections To/From Stamp
*Studio G Navy ink pad
*Scraps of cardstock and patterned paper
*Elmer's Craft Bond Glue
*Fairy Dust irridescent glitter
*Studio G blue self adhesive jewels
*White Embroidery Floss

I cut out the tag and tag layer from page 36 of the Winter Frolic image manual at 2.75 inches and the "Frosty" phrase, phrase layer, and phrase shadow from page 28 at 1.5 inches.
I glued the white snowflake (phrase layer) to the light blue "frosty" (phrase).  After that was dry, I put glue over the top of the entire piece and covered it in Fairy Dust glitter and shook off the excess glitter. Love how that gives the frosty effect to the phrase! Then I glued the frosty phrase to the dark blue phrase shadow. I punched out a few mini snowflakes to add on my tag and glittered them too! When the pieces were dry, I placed a blue self adhesive jewel in the center of the snowflakes. I stamped the back of the tag with a To/From stamp from Recollections.

When the ink dried, I glued the phrase and snowflakes on the front of the tag and tied the embroidery floss through the hole of the tag. And that's it! So easy, and really cute!
Have a great weekend and happy crafting!
~Melissa~

3 comments:

  1. How pretty! Oh, how I need a Cricut! You are very creative, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa:) Super cute tag! I'm a new follower and look forward to more of your projects!! I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and enter my Stampin' Up! Giveaway:) Happy Holidays
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. loveee the glitter you added!!! such a cute tag!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete