Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope all my crafty friends are having a great Valentine's Day! Today I made a quick and easy gift box to put my hubby's gift in. I waited until today to make it...eeekkkk! I'm such a procrastinator-but I got it finished just in time. :-) I love how this turned out. And the best part? This cute little box was made using mostly scraps from my paper stash! Everyone has piles and piles of paper scraps, right? I can't be the only one! lol
Not sure why my photo does not show the entire thing...on my camera, you can see the whole box. Sigh...technical difficulties... The pillow-box was cut from Art Philosophy (page 28, Font Layer + Shift). I used a red sheet of 8.5x11 cardstock and used the fit to page option. I can't remember how large it cut at...I should have written that down! I trimmed up an odd shaped scrap of the True Love printed paper (by Studio G) to fit the front of the box. Then I cut several banners from page 29 of the AP cartridge (<Banner2> in assorted sizes ranging from 1.5" up to 2.5") using scraps I had left from my Valentine's mailbox project (click here to see that project). Finally, I cut  the hearts from Create a Critter 2 on page 30, Accessory (scalloped heart) and Accessory+Shift (hearts) at 3.25". I also cut an additional scalloped heart in dark pink at 3.5" to make a shadow. I assembled the heart, and glued the banners in staggered layers to the front of the box. I used some Doodlebug Designs Valentine twine (say that 3 times fast! lol) to wrap around the box, then used pop dots to adhere the heart to the box. Super easy!

And you may be wondering what was the gift inside...well, my husband plays guitar so I thought it would be a great idea to get him a unique guitar pick. I found a wonderful shop on Etsy called Carrie's Custom Designs that sells hand stamped jewelry and other gifts. She stamps all kinds of cool stuff - including guitar picks. Here's is my custom created guitar pick that Carrie made. It's awesome!
My hubby loved his new guitar pick! If you need a unique gift, go check out Carrie's Etsy shop!

I'm linking my gift box project up on the following blogs:
Hiding In My Craft Room: #84 Super Scraps Saturday
Exploring Cricut: Be My Valentine
Fantabulous Cricut: #148 Be My Valentine

Have a great evening, friends!
~Melissa~





5 comments:

  1. Super Duper Cute!
    Happy Valentine's Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pillow box. Love the guitar pick, too. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Melissa! I love the pillow box - amazingly, I have never made one. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Exploring Cricut this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and thanks for entering with us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great project and thank you for joining us over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete