Friday, April 27, 2012

Thinking of You Card

Today I have made a Thinking of You card for a fellow scrapper's sister, who is in the hospital and needs some cheering up. She asked for prayers for her sister first and foremost, and also asked if any of her Cricut crafting friends would like to make a card for her sister and share some words of encouragement to help lift her spirits. The Lord has truly blessed me in so many ways, so I took this opportunity to pay it forward to someone else who needs some joy in their life. :-)

Now on to the card...I picked up a fabulous Melody Ross printed paper stack at Hobby Lobby on clearance a few weeks ago and thought the bright colors were perfect for this project. I combined the MR printed paper with some solid color textured cardstock from The Paper Studio (also from Hobby Lobby). Here's a photo of my finished card:
The colors in the picture aren't exactly what they look like in person...it is more of a teal & yellow, instead of the cobalt/yellow it looks like here. I don't know if you can tell or not, but the teal color of the MR pattern paper is foil! Love that!

I used the Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge for the card (page 26 <Pickle> at 6.75 inches) and the layer (page 26 <Pickle-s>). I cut an envelope (not pictured) from page 66 <Peach> at 6.75 inches. The teal frame was cut from page 52 <Flowr2-s> at 3.5 inches, and another of this same cut at 3.00 inches, then layered them together. I used the Wild Card Cricut cartridge to cut the "thinking of you" phrase from page 54 <Thinking> at 4.5 inches. I used my paper trimmer to cut the yellow strip of paper to fit across the patterned layer and then embossed it with my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Here's a close up of the detail (you can see the shine of the foil in this pic):
I hope you enjoyed this project. I think this is my favorite card that I've made so far. :-)
Have a good weekend everyone!
~Melissa~



4 comments:

  1. Love the colors very pretty!!! Sending prayers on ger way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!Love the color combo and the metal teal!Love it!
    New Follower!
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! New follower.

    ReplyDelete