Wednesday, April 18, 2012

RAK Birthday Card

Happy Wednesday! Today I've made a quick birthday card as a Random Act of Kindness for a fellow scrapper's daughter's 11th birthday. It's made entirely from scraps! Here's a picture of the card:

I used a scrap of lime green cardstock to cut the card from the Doodlecharms cartridge. The pink cardstock was hand cut and I used a corner rounding punch to shape the corners. The pink cardstock actually started out white...I wanted to ink the edges in hot pink so I started inking and then wondered what it would look like if I inked the whole paper. I inked heavier around the edges, and lighter in the middle. It turned out really cool looking if I say so myself! I love how the texture of the cardstock shows through! I placed some leftover Jolee's birthday theme stickers across the top and stamped Celebrate across the bottom. The Celebrate stamp came from the $1 section in Walmart's scrapbooking aisle. I love a bargain! :-)


Have a great day everyone!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Love the color choice. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so kind of your. I love the shape of your card and the cuts are so cute! Thank you so much for sharing and joining in at HIMCR DT An'Jenic!

    ReplyDelete